Thursday, October 13, 2011

pancakes?

I've decided that for some odd reason, I miss pancakes the most out of any other food I have back home. Strange, I know. Luckily for me, I have a wonderful Greek host mommy that made me some yesterday! well, the kind they have here at least. They came in a frozen package that required an oven. Yes, I know- strange. Despite the weird method of preparing, they were actually quite yummy! I would describe them as a thick crepe with similar traits as a pancake. On top of that, she had like 4 choices of jam, including:

strawberry

fig

apricot

orange

I went with the strawberry and apricot. Boy was I one happy camper. Not only did I get fed something I've been searching for since being here, but my darling Alex told me all about his friends from school. He even has a girlfriend! 6 years old and already has swag. We're coming to a good spot in our relationship where I can tell he's really getting comfortable and when that happens, it also means kids start to tests some of their limits. For example, not wanting to clean up the games we were playing before going to the next one. I held firm in that no new game would be played until the mess was clean. So far, we're pretty good together and he's slowly making his way into my heart (per usual with children).

In other news, I've made it through my week of midterms. I have to admit, I didn't give studying as much attention as I shouldn't. I feel etsy-ketsy (greek for so-so) about one of my tests that I took yesterday. I guess I'll find out later! We head to the Peloponnese on Tuesday for a week then it's off to France for my to visit my love Jess. Pretty much school's out for the next 2 weeks. Aw yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment